Welcome

I'm the woman studying to be a civil engineer so that I can have a positive impact on my community and industry.. If you want to know more well read my blog =]

"We African American women seldom do just what we want to do, but always do what we have to do. I am grateful to have been in a time and place where I could be a part of what was needed."-Dr.Dorothy Height


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What are you Worth?


This evening I was chatting with someone about some things and a point he ended up asking me "So what are you worth ?". To be honest I was not sure how to answer. I mean yeah duh , the simple answer could have been well "I'm worth a lot"..O_o.. But I didn't really feel like that really said anything.

I had to think about it for a minute. To be honest I'm not sure I ever asked myself that question. And if I've never entertained that question , how am I supposed to really have a solid answer to give? I feel like everyone can say yeah I know I'm worth " a lot". But honestly, what the heck is
a lot? Like what are you saying?

I encourage you to consider the title of this post and truly find an answer. Because I came to the realization tonight that if you don't know your own worth, how can you expect someone else to know? If the owner of a company does not know the worth of the entity how can they expect the rest of us to know and really TRULY CHERISH it as much as they do?

I think you're worth as much as you value yourself....Think about it ...Honestly ask yourself the question "What am I Worth?"

A bar of iron costs $5, made into horseshoes its worth is $12, made into needles its worth is $3500, made into balance springs for watches, its worth is $300, 000. Your own value is determined also by what you are able to make of yourself.- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment