Welcome

I'm the woman studying to be a civil engineer so that I can have a positive impact on my community and industry.. If you want to know more well read my blog =]

"We African American women seldom do just what we want to do, but always do what we have to do. I am grateful to have been in a time and place where I could be a part of what was needed."-Dr.Dorothy Height


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Songs of the Day

So, I tend to listen to different songs or genres depending on factors such as my mood or what is going on in my life at the time. As of late I've been jammin' out to some serious R and B, Old School Hip-Hop and Gospel. I am work now with nothing else to do so I decided to just share my songs of the day with you all..




One of my favorite artists, Chrisette Michele collaborated with Wale to produce a song that speaks to many young relationships now a days. Guy or Girl finds that person that they just fall for and unfortunately that other person ain't there yet , so you're open and noone to embrace/appreciate that openness. So your left feeling vulnerable and in the end fragile..Dope track





I had to throw in some old school flavor. Al Green's Love and Happiness is the right song to get an understanding of the complexities of ...well of Love and Happiness lol... I don't know but it's just something about this song that makes ya start feeling good and wanting to be in love or if your in a relationship embrace that person... it just makes ya feel good ... lol =)




I added this song by Vivian Green more for the content of the lyrics, I do not believe the delivery was as on point as it could of been but I think the lyrics are pretty legit


Looking back now I guess the theme for todays's songs of the day is "LOVE and The Complexities of Relationships" ..Like I said I'm usually just jammin based on what's going on around me ... enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment